More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
More people are killed each year by coconuts than sharks. Approximately 150 people are killed each year by coconuts.
You are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
Fleas have the distinction of killing more people than all the wars man has ever fought. The “Black Death” plague killed 1/4 of Europe’s population in the 14th century, caused by germs transmitted from rodents to humans by fleas.
The animal responsible for the most human deaths worldwide is the mosquito.
The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male’s head off.
A hundred years ago, the average life expectancy in the United States was forty-seven.
Today, only one in two billion people will live to be 116 or older.
Your statistical chance of being murdered is 1 in 20,000.
There are 5 times as many deaths due to the negligence of doctors as there are deaths due to firearms.
On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
Robert Hershey, of Hershey Chocolate fame, died when he fell into a vat of chocolate and drowned.
Dr. Alice Chase, who wrote “Nutrition for Health” and numerous books on the science of proper eating, died of malnutrition.
Adolph Hitler’s mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.
When Mahatma Gandhi died, an autopsy revealed that his small intestine contained five gold Krugerrands.
When Thomas Edison died in 1941; Henry Ford captured his last dying breath in a bottle.
In 1845, President Andrew Jackson’s pet parrot was removed from his funeral for swearing.
Robert Todd Lincoln, son of Abraham Lincoln, was present at the assassinations of three presidents: his father’s, President Garfield’s, and President McKinley’s. After the last shooting, he refused ever to attend a state affair again.
When Mark Twain was born on Nov 30, 1835, Halley’s comet was visible over Florida, Missouri. Mark Twain predicted in 1909 that he would die when it returned. He was right. When he died on April 21, 1910, Halley’s comet was once again visible in the sky.
The Club Kids were a group of young New York City club personalities led by Michael Alig and James St. James in the late 1980s and early 1990s. This group was notable for their outrageous costumes and extensive drug use — in particular, ecstasy, ketamine, and heroin, although…
1. You are not a victim. No matter what happens to you, don’t take the pussy route and blame the world for your misfortune. If you were sexually assaulted, verbally abused, etc and lived to tell about it; take your pain and help those who need it. Writing emo poetry isn’t going to solve anything.
2. Invest in your education first, your looks second. Anyone can pay a plastic surgeon to look hot, but not everyone can read a book and do simple math.
3. No matter what you call it, having a ‘man to take you shopping’ is glorified prostitution. He wants you for your body, you want him for his wallet. Cut the crap and call it what it is.
4. Do not seek confidence in other people. Magazines, celebrities and most pop influences are there to make you feel like you’re nothing. Don’t buy into it. Those celebrities need your money to look fabulous. Invest in yourself, not hype.
5. Stop fueling gossip mongers [Perez Hilton, TMZ.]. They have nothing to talk about and if you follow them for long, neither will you.
6. Be modest; why have all your goods unwrapped and leave nothing for the imagination?
7. Know the difference between fucking and love. There is a major difference and if you don’t know it, pick up a book or ask someone who does.
8. Do not have children just because you’re lonely or insecure. Your child will end up hating you for it and you won’t get the emotional blanket you hoped you’d get.
9. Get a job. Seriously. Just because you’re a woman doesn’t mean that you are excused from work. Find a trade, get a job. If you are a house wife, be a good one. If you are a career woman, put your heart into what you do.
10. A respectable companion is rarely at a ‘bar’ or da club’. These places are meat markets and will only set you up for a douchebag or a wimp. If you go, refer to rule 7.